Thursday, December 2, 2010

When You Get A Chance, Recognize Excellent Service

I had a surprisingly good piece of customer service from a gate agent at SFO a few weeks ago. My flight was canceled and this agent worked with a few other folks to reroute dozens of severely irritated passengers. This gentleman in particular hustled his butt off and remained calm, professional, and courteous to the very last passenger.

So I told the agent's manager and sent an email to delta.com support. Apparently, it resulted in some sort of recognition for the chap. I couldn't be happier. People in service industries frequently get pooped on and, I suspect, rarely receive appreciation.

Here's the message for you, gentle reader...
Try to notice when someone does an excellent job on your behalf...and show some recognition. Chances are, they don't get nearly enough.

And CS... keep 'em flying.



---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: S*****, C*****
Date: Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:20 PM
Subject: It's Appreciated! Delta Airlines observation November 6th, 2010
To: "keithfuller01@gmail.com" keithfuller01@gmail.com

Good afternoon Mr.. Fuller. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for personally giving the great feedback on the day I met you to my supervisor Gary and you went above and beyond and sent a personal email. I want you to know that it did not go unnoticed and I indeed got rewarded for it.

Whenever I receive positive feedback it's best appreciated when it's unsolicited ;-). It makes me feel that a "guest" really took the time to personalize it.

I hope that your holiday season is going great and I wanted to THANK YOU for acknowledging me. Enjoy the rest of your week!


C***** S*****
Delta Airlines
San Francisco
Gate/Ticket Agent

No comments:

Post a Comment