Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Note to Commercial Airline Flight Crews

If a passenger were to watch you quickly and distractedly amble around your aircraft (thankfully, not one I was boarding) as you perform the most disinterested preflight check in the history of powered flight, it might just have a negative impact on his view of you, your carrier, and possibly the industry as a whole. Admittedly, I may be off base in my observations. Maybe the officer in question was doing a great job of inspecting his aircraft. I barely know the difference between a pitot tube and a lavatory (and let's be clear, failure to distinguish between the two could result in a painful and embarassing scenario) so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Also, the flight crew of United 5872 from O'hare yesterday performed one of the best landings in heavy winds of all time. Thank you, gentlemen.

1 comment:

  1. I was reading The BEST compliment you can give a pilot was his performance on landing... its a true test of ability. So if the pilot did a good job, he will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete